Tuesday 23 October 2012

Family Issues.

Today I'm unhappy.
I've fallen out with a family member and I'm a little shell-shocked by what felt like a verbal ambush.However I'm not going to dwell on this but I have taken the opportunity to find out how stress can affect a mum-to-be at such an early stage.
Stress causes our bodies to release hormones in response to the threat that the body perceives - the higher the stress level, the more hormones our body produces. Since we all handle stress differently, an overwhelming situation for one may be easily dealt with by another.However those hormones can affect the babies developing brain,hardwiring it to accept those stress hormone.One should practice relaxation techniques when possible and of course,try to avoid stressful situations!
HIgh stress situations have a risk of miscarriage in early pregnancy,up to 80% more chance of it,which is a shockingly high statistic.I think from what I'm reading that nothing is worth getting so stressed out over,and the more I'm thinking I should let this argument go.Just typing this is allowing my stress levels to go down and reading is definitely helping my anger subside.I'm still a little unhappy of course but I'm thinking positive thoughts and as I say,I'm not going to dwell on the situation.
I actually feel a lot better.My partner is a tower of strength,which helps.
Lesson learnt-avoid stress where possible and if those levels rise,just breathe steadily and deeply,close your eyes,and let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment